THIS CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT (“Agreement”) is made and agreed to by The Kirkland Company (“Broker”), exclusive listing broker for the Property, and (“Buyer”) regarding the sale of the property known as the Parliament Place (“Property”) located in Nashville, TN. The obligation of confidentiality undertaken pursuant to this Agreement shall survive the terms of the Broker’s listing agreement with the Owner.
BUYER HAS REQUESTED information from Broker for the purpose of evaluating a possible acquisition of the Property. The Owner of the property has instructed Broker to deliver information concerning the Property, much of which is highly confidential, only to those potential purchasers who sign this Agreement. To receive an Offering Memorandum (“Offering Memorandum”) please read, sign and return this
Confidentiality Agreement to Broker. The Offering Memorandum has been prepared by Broker for use by a limited number of parties and does not purport to provide a necessarily accurate summary of the property or any of the documents related thereto, nor does it purport to be all-inclusive or to contain all of the information which prospective Buyers may need or desire. All projections have been developed by Broker and designated sources and are based upon assumptions relating to the general economy, competition, and other factors beyond the control of the Seller and therefore are subject to variation.
THEREFORE, THE PARTIES AGREE, in consideration of the covenants and agreements contained herein, as follows:
- By accepting the Offering Memorandum, you agree to indemnify, defend, protect and hold Seller and Broker and any affiliate of Seller or Broker harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, demands, liabilities, losses, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees, collectively “Claims”) arising, directly or indirectly from any actions or omissions of Buyer, its employees, officers, directors or agents.
- By accepting the Offering Memorandum, you acknowledge that you are a principal and not an agent of or acting on behalf of any other party in connection with the acquisition. Buyer further acknowledges that if it chooses to be represented by an outside broker (“Co-Broker”), any and all compensation for Co-Broker shall be paid solely by Buyer, under separate agreement between Buyer and Co-Broker.
- Buyer shall indemnify and hold Seller and Broker harmless from and against any claims, causes of action or liabilities, including, without limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs which may be incurred with respect to any claims for other real estate commissions, broker’s fees or finder’s fees in relation to or in connection with the Property to the extent claimed, through or under Seller.
- The Seller and Broker each expressly reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to reject any or all expressions of interest or offers regarding the Property and/or to terminate discussions with any entity at any time with or without notice.
- The Seller shall have no legal commitment or obligations to any entity reviewing the Offering Memorandum or making an offer to purchase the Property unless a written agreement for the purchase of the Property has been fully executed, delivered, and approved by the Seller and its legal counsel, and any conditions to the Seller’s obligation thereunder have been satisfied or waived.
- The Offering Memorandum and the contents, except such information which is a matter of public record or is provided in sources available to the public, are of a confidential nature. By accepting the Offering Memorandum, you agree that you will hold and treat it in the strictest confidence, that you will not photocopy or duplicate it, that you will not disclose the Offering Memorandum or any of the contents to any other entity (except to outside advisors retained by you, if necessary, for your determination of whether or not to make an offer and from whom you have obtained an agreement of confidentiality) without prior written authorization of the Seller or Broker, and that you will not use the Offering Memorandum or any of the contents in any fashion or manner detrimental to the interest of the Seller or Broker.
- No employee of seller or at the subject property is to be contacted without the written approval of the listing agents and doing so would be a violation of this confidentiality agreement.
- If Buyer is a corporation, partnership, limited liability company or other non-natural legal entity, the person(s) signing this Agreement on its behalf will take all appropriate precautions to limit the dissemination of the Information only to those persons within the entity who have need to know of the information, and who are specifically aware of the Agreement and agree to honor it.
- This Agreement applies to all Information received from Broker, now or in the future, which is not readily available to the general public. Buyer understands that all information shall be deemed confidential, valuable and proprietary such that its unauthorized disclosure, even without intent to harm, could cause substantial and irreparable harm to Owner and Broker.
- All information shall be used for the sole purpose of evaluating the potential acquisition of the Property, and it shall not at any time, or in any manner, be used for any other purpose.
- Buyer shall not contact directly any persons concerning the Property, other than Broker, without Broker’s or Owner’s written permission. Such persons include, without limitation, Owner’s employees, suppliers and tenants.
- No representation is made by Broker or the Seller as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein, and nothing contained herein shall be relied on as a promise or representation as to the future performance of the property. Although the information contained herein is believed to be correct, the Seller and its employees disclaim any responsibility for inaccuracies and expect prospective purchasers to exercise independent due diligence in verifying all such information.
- Further, Broker, the Seller and its employees disclaim any and all liability for representations and warranties, expressed and implied, contained in or omitted from the Offering Memorandum or any other written or oral communication transmitted or made available to the Buyer. The Offering Memorandum does not constitute a representation that there has been no change in the business or affairs of the property or the Owner since the date of preparation of the Offering Memorandum. Analysis and verification of the information contained in the Offering Memorandum are solely the responsibility of the prospective Buyer. Additional information and an opportunity to inspect the property will be made available upon written request to interested and qualified prospective Buyers.
- The Persons signing on behalf of Buyer represent that they have the authority to bind the party for whom they sign.
- This Agreement shall be governed and constructed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee.
- NO Commission will be paid to a Registered Broker/Agent (a) acting as a principal in the purchase of any Property, (b) acting as the broker/agent on behalf of an entity (including any corporation, partnership, limited liability company, or trust) in which the broker/agent has an interest, (c) acting as the broker/agent on behalf of an immediate family member (defined as a spouse, parent, sibling, or child including in-law relationships). THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THE BROKER/AGENT PARTICIPATION RULES.